Voting

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Summer Blessings

Life has been busy and fun over the last year. I have an amazing family and am so grateful for all the blessings that they give me.
I am still going to school. To say that I love it would be a huge lie however, I will be grateful when it is over. I have learned a new world of nursing can be had if I choose. I am still working at the Wound clinic and enjoy working there.
Our family has experienced many wonderful experiences in the last 2 months. Justin was baptized on July 26. Zachary encouraged us to go back to church and a few weeks after going back to church, Justin began the missionary lessons. We had wonderful sister missionaries; Sister Blackwelder and Sister Schwartz. They touched and changed our lives forever. A few weeks into the missionary lessons, Randy agreed to be baptized. I am amazed the changes that have occurred in Randy's life since making this decision. He quit smoking and was baptized on July 10. Elder Watts and Elder Calderwood were amazing and helped complete the lessons and performed the baptism and confirmation. I never believed that this day would come and I am amazed at Randy's faith and belief in the Church.
Zachary has had a very difficult past 6 months but appears to be doing better and is striving to make the changes in his life that he needs to. I am so proud of Zach and am excited to see what the future holds for him.
Justin has finished 3rd grade and is not at all excited for 4th grade. He just registered for football and is excited for the practices and games to begin. He is a funny kid and constantly keeps us laughing.
Charly has finished kindergarten and cannot wait for 1st grade. She is very active and is constantly on the go. She loves going to primary and learning about everything.
I have an amazing family and love the life that they give me. I am grateful for all the blessings in my life.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear all of the positive changes in your life...those are the changes that make all the negative experiences worth it. I miss working with you and wish I would take more breaks to the wound clinic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how excited I was when I found out that Randy was getting baptized! To have the knowledge that we do about where we came from, why we're here and where we are going when this earthly life is over is the greatest thing in the world! I never truly appreciated this until Jake passed away. It makes me unbelievable happy to know that you will be an eternal family:) I wish you all the best, and hopefully we'll see you guys again soon.

    Love, Ragnhild

    ReplyDelete